May 01, 2011

General Musings for the week May 1st 2011

sunflowersIt's May already. Can you believe it? It seems like only last week we were struggling under unprecedented snow falls here in the UK and now we're almost half way through the year.

Not a lot to talk about this week.

Apparently there was some sort of Royal Wedding on Friday in the UK. You would think they'd have publicised it a little more wouldn't you? Almost missed it (In reality I avoided watching anything of the Royal wedding and instead spent most of the day outside in the nice weather).

The Twittersphere, however, was full of it. The most amusing note I read was that Pippa Middleton - the bride's sister - is the subject of a Facebook page called the Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation page. It has over 12000 members.

I also received a quick note from a good friend of mine who asked "Why doesn't anyone make the obvious joke? Or is it just the elephant in the room?" When I inquired wat he was referring to he said "Prince Charles - bald, Prince Andrew - bald, Prince William - bald, Prince Harry - A shock of ginger hair". I replied "I wonder if the Kensington Palace milkman was a ginger". He replied "I think you're missing a MAJOR factor in your investigations". The intrigue goes on.

Big shout at the The Loddon Players at Sherfield in Loddon. Went to see their latest comedy production "Key For Two" this week. A very funny production in the classic style of the old English "Ray Cooney" farces. Well staged, well acted and excellent timing. It was the last show of the run last night so unfortunately you've missed it, but keep an eye out for their next production which I will publicise here.

Good to see old friend Fred this week. He's over in England from the USA for a couple of weeks and happened to chose the weeks that encompass both Easter and the Royal Wedding. Not sure whether he actually saw any of it - although I suspect his hosts would probably have had the thing on every second of the day. Fred accompanied me to the "Key For Two" performance and when I introduced him to people he reminded them that he and I have known each other for over 20 years now. In fact I first met him on a job in North London in 1988. 23 years ago. That's actually quite frightening. I know he reads this posts in the US, so "Hi, Fred. Great to see you. Hope the journey back was good."

Video of the week this week is the official trailer for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part II. This, you may remember, is the final Harry Potter film and one which I had the good fortune to be a part of late last year. I'm going to be one of the moving portraits in Hogwarts. I don't think I appear in the trailer but nevertheless it looks like it is shaping up to be a great film.

.

0 comments (See Policy http://tinyurl.com/5qgr5x):

Post a Comment