February 26, 2009

The Movie Quote Quiz : "Hereeeeeee's the answers"

Favorite Movie QuotesImage by merfam via Flickr

The answers to the movie quiz are listed below: As I said at the time some of these were easy, some less so.

My thanks go out to Algo who answered the highest number of correct entries. By his own admission he did this without using Google. He also got "He'd kill us if he got the chance" from The Conversation which I had hoped would be my most difficult one. Well done, I am awed and amazed by your talent.

Here are the answers: ("Quote" - Movie, Character and actor.)

1) "Plastics!" - The Graduate. Benjamin Braddock, Dustin Hoffman
2) "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell" - Star Wars, Han Solo, harrison Ford
3) "I think he's attempting re-entry, Sir" - Moonraker, Q, Desmond LLewellyn
4) "Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster " - Goodfellas, Henry Hill, Ray Liotta
5) " Oh, he was a little guy... Kinda funny lookin " - Fargo, Mr Mohra, Bain Boehlke
6) "Your clothes... give them to me, now" - The Terminator, Terminator, Arnold Schwarzenegger
7) "No you gotta get up like this and, badda-bing, you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit" - The Godfather, Sonny , James Caan
8) "Slow ahead." I can go slow ahead. Come on down here and chum some of this shit"- Jaws, Chief Brody, Roy Schieder
9) "I understand you're a man who knows how to get things" - The Shawshank Redemption, Andy Dufresne, Tim Robbins
10) "Wait a minute. If we let it in, the ship could be infected. You know the quarantine procedure. Twenty-four hours for decontamination" - Alien, Ripley, Sigourney Weaver
11) "What are you going to do, charge me with smoking?" - Basic Instinct, Kathryn Trammel, Sharon Stone
12) "Fists with your feet? Huh!" - Die Hard, John McLane, Bruce WIllis
13) "Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean " - The Usual Suspects, Verbal Quint. Kevin Spacey
14) " Modern cars - they all look like electric shavers" - Sin City, Marv, Mickey Rourke
15) " I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do" - 2001, HAL, Douglas Rain
16) "Rather anatomical " - Atonement , Cecilia Tallis, Keira Knightley
17)" Not the greatest anecdote, then? " - Notting Hill, William Thacker, Hugh Grant
18) " Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend" - Jurassic Park, Dr Ian Malcolm. Jeff Goldblum
19) "California, tell your people to stay away. Stay away now, don't - don't come in here. Whatever you hear, stay away! " - Se7en, William Somerset, Morgan Freeman
20) What are you, an idiot? Do you think they ever asked Cecil B. DeMille if he wasted his time on nudie shots? No! They respected the filmmaker! They showed some class! Not that YOU would know what class is, you cheap lowlife - King Kong (2007), Carl Denham, Jack Black
21) " You want a sandwich, Bacon? " - Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels, Soap. Dexter Fletcher
22) "If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way around" - Fellowship of the Ring: Gimli. John Rhys-Davies
23) " He'd kill us if he got the chance " - The Conversation, Ann, Cindy Williams
24) "Ask her if SHE greased the brakes " - The Queen, Alistair Campbell, Mark Bazeley
25) "Decaffeinated?" - Hot Fuzz, Det. Nicholas Angel, Simon Pegg

Hopefully after seeing the results a lot of you have slapped your foreheads and said "I knew that. Of course that quote was from....(fill in the movie)". Although hopefully there were one or two others that you looked at and said "I would never have guessed that" especially if you haven't seen the film!

Thanks to the people who replied. Thanks to everyone else who read and, maybe had a stab at the answers.

I might do another one of these later in the year.

0 comments (See Policy http://tinyurl.com/5qgr5x):

Post a Comment